Welcome to Earthcube… the fact that you’re here suggests you are seeking better build options and we offer two of these as Shipping Container Homes are only viable where you want a modular home and don’t mind paying over $3,500 per M2.
However if the home is to stay in one spot and you want real sustainability an Earthquake Bloc home is certainly worth considering as it is…
- Truly affordable at only $2,250 per M2.
- Truly sustainable as they are fired natural clay.
- Truly passive as interior temperatures vary by only 3 degrees year round.
- Truly built to last for future generations as they have been around for over 100 years.
- And as the name suggests, extremely resistant to earthquake and other disasters.
By comparison, Shipping Container Homes are…
- More complex to build and cost over $3,500 per M2.
- Can meet the challenges of demanding and difficult sites.
- Metallic shell structure requires significant heating and cooling.
- Polyurethane foam is used to prevent condensation and corrosion.
- Particularly suited to islands or other hard to reach situations.
So whichever system works for you, let us know how we can help.